Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hello to you from India!

As I was getting ready to leave Chicago, I just had to take a picture of the international hallway for American Airlines - I love the view of all the flags. Look for the big gold lit globe in the middle of the aisle further down the hallway - very cool.

I met a kind man named Satish who sat by me during the flight to New Dehli. He taught me how to say good night (shub ratia), explained the language of urdu (muslim language) which is considered more of a musical type of language which is where shukria (thank you) comes from, and we talked about the transition of India to generate more of a middle class with globalization. It was a fascinating conversation.

After flying 14.5 hours from Chicago to New Dehli, I entered a sea of white uniforms to find my driver to take me to a hotel for a short night's stay. I left early morning on Wednesday for a 2 hour flight from New Dehli to Pune, and arrived safely on Wednesday morning (11.5 hours ahead of QC time).

Paula
=8-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home