Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Electricity





I was at breakfast yesterday, and the power went out. I felt bad for people who may have been in the elevator. Fortunately, the power only goes out for a minute or two before it comes back on. I didn't realize why there weren't plug in alarm clocks in the hotel room when I was in New Dehli, but now I do. The hotel I am staying at provides a battery operated alarm clock - it plays "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" for the morning alarm.

Whenever items are plugged in (look behind the hot water pot), you have the option to turn them off with a light switch at the power outlet. Whenever you come into your hotel room, you need to insert the room key in order for the lights to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home