Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Amusement Park Activity


At Chokhi Dani, they had many stations where you could watch a magician, a man eating fire, and a man walking on a tight rope. We stopped and watched some women dancing with fire on top of their heads, and a woman also dancing with bowls on her head. One of the favorite rides for Devendra's daughters was the ferris wheel. This was truly manpowered. A man stood inside of the ride and walked inside it to make it work. Bev, Vaidehee and I were all amazed at how fast we could spin around. As we continued to walk thru the park, there was a large stage where a young girl and boy were dancing - and they came off the stage to grab all the women to dance. The finale was to sit and eat an authentic Gujrati Thalli meal - I took a picture of our table settings after we finished. Before we left, we got a chance to pet the elephant's trunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home