Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

My room

The room I am in is on the side of the building - when I walk in, it is a long hallway. There is a closet, then a counter where there is a hot water pot and a mini bar fridge straight ahead on the right - and a bathroom on the left - and straight ahead is a window, a desk and chair, a small table and chair, and beds. When I look out the window, I see a village below - I look to the right and see a train station - and I look to the left to see construction and more villages. By the time I arrive back at the room, a 'turn down' service has taken place - where they take a terry cloth robe (which is normally located on the back of the bathroom door) and place it on the bed with a yellow rose and box with a chocolate in it. There is also a tea light lit in the bathroom and a plate with a few little custard filled tarts. I asked that the 'sweets' be replaced with fruit, so I receive a plate with 4 pieces of fruit on it - I've received a mix of apples, oranges, grapes, strawberries and pears. I've stored the turn-down roses in glasses and have a few bouquets around the room, and have taken the fruit and chocolates into the office to share. I found out from one of the other guys from Deere that there is no upcharge for having room service in India, so I ordered a bowl of soup and some buttered naan bread one evening - very elegant presentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home