Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Factory and Training Center


My company has a factory about an hour out of the city. When you arrive at the factory gate, you'll see guards who actually salute as you drive in. The front entrance way of the building is lined with flowers - and the grounds are kept very nice. The factory produces what is known as a 5000 series model - 5103, 5203, 5310 - all without cabs - containing different horsepower. When I was in Pune in October 2005, I had a chance to take a factory tour. I even had my picture taken on one of the tractors. People who work at the Factory arrive at work by 8:00AM and can either take the 5:15, 6:30 or 7:30PM bus and have a longer commute to get back into the city. People at the Factory work a 6 day work week (Sunday is the only day off). On the drive to the factory, there are signs in the road advertising John Deere. There is also a John Deere Training Center, which is used for product training. I had my picture taken with the John Deere Training Center sign from the highway - and had the chance to visit the Training Center in November last year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Hey... pack one of those little green tractors in your luggage for me. I need one for the farm!

Rich

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home