Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fast Food






When you mention fast food in India, it can mean several things. It could be a street vendor who will make you a meal from their cart, it could mean purchasing some snacks from a local market store, or it could be going to McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC). Each morning I ride by a "fast food" corner vendor where I'll see a lot of people meeting to eat their breakfast (look for a bright blue cart where the cook is busy making food). Today, Jyotiprasad and I went to a local area college and stopped at KFC for lunch. To buy 3 chicken strips, it was 55 rupees; to buy 4 pieces of chicken, it was 125 rupees. The exchange right now is around 44 rupees per US dollar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

I'll have a double cheese, bacon burger with a fry and diet Coke (diet because it's healthier that way!)

Glad you made it back safely!!but we miss you.

Rich Lavens

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home