Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Saturday and JP


On Saturday, Jayanti took me shopping to the older part of Pune called Laxmi Road - there were vendors in the streets selling jewelry, purses, home goods…it was quite a sight to see all the people gathering and bartering for goods - so of course, I needed to join them! Here is a picture from the neighborhood area. Saturday nights are a big night in India. A lot of people work Monday thru Saturday, and Sunday is their only day off. Jyotiprasad (JP) had me, Devdoot and his wife Pranita over for dinner on Saturday night last week - we were entertained by JP's son Aditya trying out his magic tricks - and getting to spend time talking with his wife Vandana. It was a wonderful evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home