Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Indian clothing




On Sunday, I had measurements taken for an outfit - called a salwar kameez - it has 3 pieces - a dress, pants and a shawl. My driver picked it up for me from the shop on Monday - and I wore it on Tuesday. You'll see a picture with Nikita, Kanchan and Jayanti, along with an individual shot of the salwar kameez. I wore another outfit called a kurta - which is a long shirt dress you wear with pants; along with mojris (fancy shoes). You'll see a picture of both the shoes and shirt dress as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home