Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Shopping District







On Sunday, Jayanti spent the day with me and took me to the shopping district in the "older" part of Pune - here are a few pictures of the various shops and the streets with traffic. It is pretty common to see people carrying packages on their heads - wanted to get a shot of a woman to show you. Jayanti took me to a place where I could have a garment made (think Indian pantsuit - includes a dress, pants and a shawl) - you'll see a picture of the fabric on the table where she is providing the tailor my information and another picture of me getting measurements (I feel tall in this picture!). I'll show the finished result later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home