Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Going to the Taj Mahal


In order to get to the Taj Mahal, personal cars are not allowed to drive you on the road, so we took a 3 wheeled vehicle to get to the front entrance. Once we arrived, we paid the entrance (750 rupees ~$15) and walked by guards to get inside. There are several gates around the Taj Mahal and we entered near the western gate. As we walked straight ahead, we could look to the left and see another gate that had scaffolding in front of it. We saw a group of people wearing very colorful clothes gathering together getting ready to go see the Taj Mahal. To the right, we could see a gate that we would go through to see the main attraction. Once you view the Taj Mahal straight ahead, there is another gate/mosque to the left and to the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home