Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Heading into the Taj Mahal



There is a long sidewalk heading toward the Taj Mahal - people will climb up the steps in the middle of the long walkway to take a break for snapshots - and then proceed toward the front. You'll see a picture of the entire group as we were drawing closer to the building. In order to go inside the Taj Mahal, you are to remove your shoes. Since it was so hot that day, they provided footies that we could slip over our shoes. You'll see Devdoot putting on his footies - along with a kick line of all of us. Once you put on the footies, you need to walk up a set of stairs - and you are on the main level with the building. When you look at the face of the building, you can see very decorative art. I had Jim take a picture of me at the top of the stairs right before going inside to reflect "I made it!". Pictures are not allowed inside - but there are a few tombs with a gate around them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home