Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Republic Day


Tuesday was Republic Day here in India...you would see carts of small India flags and pinwheels for children. Jayanti took me to Laxmi Road which is in the older part of town. We went to the markets (imagine booth after booth of different types of products - I was searching for the earring area), a jewelry store called Ranka, and some saree stores to look around. I bought some earrings, some bracelets and enjoyed the time with Jayanti. It was a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home