Paula in India

I'm on an assignment for my job to live in India. I tell my friends I'm "commuting" - 4 weeks in India, 2 weeks in the States to the office and to see my husband, another 4 weeks in India....and wanted to share what life is like in India. You'll also find additional blog entries along the left panel under Archives.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Final thoughts



As I reflect on the assignment to India, I wanted to summarize my feelings. I read a quote in a magazine while on one of my trips relating to travel that really resonated with me. "Travel pushes our boundaries. When we travel we become invisible, if we want. We like to be observers and ask questions like "What makes people who they are? Could I feel at home here?" When traveling, you have a delectable possibility of not understanding a word of what is said to you. Language becomes simply a musical background for watching bicycles zoom alongside a canal, calling for nothing from you. Travel releases spontanaeity."
It made me think that there is truly a sense of magic when you travel. To have the time alone - to reflect on who you are and what you care about. Your eyes open to see life and humanity - as you breathe in the culture and take it all in - making pictures in your mind and heart that you will always remember. India has been a great adventure. Thank you for sharing it with me in my blog and I hope you felt you were with me on this journey. - Paula =8-)






3 Comments:

Blogger Clara said...

I´m spanish. Your blog is very very good. Bay

12:18 PM  
Blogger GerFab said...

hi, i´m cristhian too, i´m from colombia, your photos are amazing, don´t you like the music of Delirious?

12:20 PM  
Blogger ROBERTO said...

Sou Brasileiro e gostei das fotos da Índia que tirou.
Paula que bacana sua viagem.
Bom proveito ai no Oriente.
Abraço

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home